2 Fillets of white fish (cod, halibut, or hake)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp salted butter
Freshly ground black pepper
Basbas tahini sauce
2 Tbsp Basbas Chilli & Lemon or Coconut & Coriander
2 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Sea salt to taste
2-3 Tbsp water as needed
- Whisk together the basbas tahini sauce ingredients and drizzle water in until the sauce thins out to a pourable consistency. Taste and adjust for basbas, salt and lemon juice. Add more of each if needed.
- Heat a large non-stick pan with oil over a medium-high heat.
- Season the fillets and place in the pan, skin-side down for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan and reduce heat to medium, then flip the fillets over and continue to cook for 1-2* minutes whilst basting with the butter.
- Serve the fish immediately with the basbas tahini sauce spooned over. Fattoush salad and aromatic basmati rice work well as accompaniments.
*The time taken to pan-fry depends on the thickness of the fish, so adjust as necessary.